Real Estate Law Clerk / Midtown Toronto
We’re looking for a law clerk for our busy real estate practice in Toronto (Mount Pleasant and Davisville).
Laredo Law (www.laredolaw.ca) offers clients the sophisticated and innovative counsel they need for a smooth and easy real estate deal. We are not your everyday law firm. We tailor our services to your specific transaction and ensure that we examine, inquire about and investigate every detail. Our services cover everything from commercial leases to family home purchases and sales, refinancing to public and private mortgages and residential leases to multi-residential purchases.
Laredo Law is looking for a motivated law clerk with significant expertise in real estate to expand its already successful real estate practice. The successful candidate with have more than 5 years of experience handling real estate transactions with a high level of independence.
Our business succeeds because of the high quality service we provide to our clients. Much of our business is based on referrals from former clients and, for that reason, we are looking for a candidate who is able to provide the highest level of service to our clients.
- Providing clients with professional, thorough, and thoughtful service at every step of the transaction.
- Preparing residential real estate files from start to finish, including purchases, sales, mortgages, refinancing, and private mortgages
- Conducting title searches, preparing requisition letters, and closing documents
- Creating mortgage applications, PPSA registrations, and the like
- Communicating in a timely and professional manner with lawyers, agents, lenders, and others
- Preparing accounts, cheques, invoices, and trust ledgers via Conveyancer and Lean Law
- Handling adjustments and readjustments after closing
- Dealing with property tax and utility departments
- Prepare documents and files
- Maintaining organized files within a high paced environment
- Handling Title Insurance
- Communicating with lenders to requisition funds and deal with financing issues
- Commercial real estate
- Ability to prepare mortgages and interpret mortgage instructions for any institution
- 5+ years working as a real estate law clerk
- Expert knowledge of Conveyancer and Teraview
- Expert knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Familiarity with LeanLaw or other practice management software an asset
- Thorough understanding of real estate transactions and the practice of real estate law
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Lisa Laredo at email@example.com. We thank you in advance for your interest in the position. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary commensurate with experience.